What do you eat when the Seahawks are playing an early game? Heuvos Rancheros, of course! I prefer my huevos without beans (I am watching the game with my Husband, need I say more?) and this dish is tasty!
Fry 2 tortilla’s in pan with olive oil and butter. My husband prefers flour and likes them crispy. We only have corn tortilas in the house right now…so that’s what he’ll get (and like it).
While your tortillas are frying, mix the following in a blender:
I basically use this adobe sauce (cut in half).
- 1 15 oz. can chopped tomatoes. I really like Muir Glen with garlic and onions.
- 1/4 chopped white onion (sweet onion, if available)
- 1/8 cup chopped cilantro (if you don’t like cilantro or if you don’t have it available, you won’t miss it).
- 1-2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1/2 – 1 tablespoon of chipotle chiles in adobo sauce. (Read my tip on what to do with the left over chile’s).
Carefully pour sauce from blender into the tortilla pan with remaining oil. Don’t let the pan be too hot or it will spit and splatter all over. 10 minutes at a medium heat works well.
Fry 4 eggs to your liking (I personally do not like sunny side up).
Place a little sauce on each plate. Top with a tortilla with some more sauce and then the eggs.
Optional: Top with shredded cheese, guacomole, sliced avacodo or tabasco sauce.
Note: at least if the Seahawks are sucking (as they are right now) your halftime snack is a winner!